President & CEO's Report for March 2012
March 2, 2012
I urge you to have a look at the Effectiveness and Results page of our website. In particular, have a look at the Dashboards for 2010, 2011 and 2012 that are an exact copy of the reports that we submit quarterly to our Board of Directors. As you can see, for 2010 and 2011 we met or exceeded virtually all of our targets. For 2012 there are a number of new additions to our output targets including:
- To complete and implement a business plan – to take the results of our strategic plan (completed last year) and assess our capacity and sustainability to implement the goals set in the strategic plan over the coming years.
- To launch a capital campaign – to assist us in scaling up our operations to rate twice as many charities (10,000 per year) and to expand our rating system (CN 3.0).
- To finalize the first prototype of CN 3.0 and begin to post information in at least one cause area (we hope to have as many as 400 charities with this new information posted on their page on our site).
- To complete the work on CN 2+ - our look back at our financial metrics with the help from a number of advisers to see what, if any, changes should be made to them.
- To conduct CN 10th Anniversary activities – we will be 10 years old as a web site in April 2012! We are planning a number of celebration activities. For now, we urge you to sign up for a special webinar that we will conduct on April 18th in which we will be walking you through many of the powerful and diverse features of our web site that you may not be aware of. You can sign up for it here. More on our 10th Anniversary activities in next months report!
- Quality visits – this is a new measure of site activity that assesses more deeply the length of time users spend on our site.
There are many other efforts underway that we also hope will help us to continuously improve our site so that you will get the most useful information possible in making your charitable giving decisions. As always, I will provide you with the highlights of all of these efforts in the months to come. Thank you as always for your support in making all of this work possible! I do hope you can join us for our upcoming webinar on April 18th!
All the best,