Planet Aid Inc.
Vote for this charity to be rated
Total Votes: 47
This organization is potentially eligible to be rated by Charity Navigator. We invite you to Vote Now to request to have our analyst team rate this charity.
- What does it mean that this charity isn't rated?
- It simply means that our analyst team hasn't been able to evaluate the charity yet. A lack of a rating does not indicate a positive or negative assessment by Charity Navigator.
- What can I do right now to assess a charity that is not rated?
- You can Vote Now to request a rating. And while a review is pending, there are some steps you can take to make an informed decision about it.
- I voted. What happens next?
- Once our analysts confirm that this charity meets our criteria to be evaluated, it will be place in the queue of charities to be rated. The more votes it receives, the quicker it will move up the queue.
- How can I learn more about Charity Navigator's plans to rate charities?
- Our plans to rate more charities can be found here.
- How many times can I vote?
- You can only cast one vote per charity.
- How many charities can I vote for?
- You can vote for as many charities as you'd like to see us rate.
- I voted for a specific charity to be rated. How soon can I expect to be able to access the rating?
- You can track the status of your vote on the 'My Charities' page. Please keep in mind that it may take some time until we are able to verify that (a) the charity meets all our criteria for inclusion, (b) complete and (c) publish an evaluation.
- Will I be notified when the charity I voted for has been rated?
- Yes, we will send you an email to inform you that the rating is completed and ready for you to review. You can also check the status of your vote on the 'My Charities' page.
- Can I vote anonymously?
- Charity Navigator will not publicly share who voted for a charity to be rated.
- I voted. Is there anything else I can do to expedite the rating of a charity?
- Yes, invite others to vote too! The more votes a charity receives the quicker it will move up the queue.
|Name in IRS Master File
||PLANET AID INC
||47 SUMNER STREET
|City, State, Zip
||MILFORD, MA 01757-4606
||International, Foreign Affairs and National Security
||501(c)(3) (View the list of codes)
||(994) Described in section 170(b)1)(a)(vi) of the Code
(560) Supplying money, goods or services to the poor
(179) Other health services
||Organization which receives a substantial part of its support from a governmental unit or the general public 170(b)(1)(A)(vi)
||Contributions are deductible
||Independent - the organization is an independent organization or an independent auxiliary (i.e., not affiliated with a National, Regional, or Geographic grouping of organizations).
|Form 990 Revenue Amount
|Latest Form 990 Return
||990 (all other) or 990EZ return
|Fiscal Year End
|IRS Forms 990
(provided courtesy of Foundation Center)
(Log In or Register Now to View Forms 990!)
- December, 2014
- December, 2013
- December, 2012
- December, 2011
- December, 2010
The data displayed in this profile is provided by the IRS for free in the form of Publication 78 and the Business Master File (BMF).
Learn more about unrated organizations.
We invite you to share your opinions, thoughts, experiences, and stories about this charity here to help inform the decisions of other donors.
This tool is not for questions about Charity Navigator, such as how we derived this charity’s rating. We will happily answer those questions if you contact us directly
. Likewise, if you have questions for this charity, then we encourage you to contact the charity directly (we include the charity’s contact information in the upper left-hand corner of this page) since few charities regularly monitor this commenting tool.
Planet Aid Inc. is on Charity Navigator's Watchlist
On May 24, 2016, NBC Washington published an article titled, "Behind the Bins: Former Planet Aid Employees Describe 'Cult-like' Experience."
For more information: NBC Washington
On August 1, 2016, Reveal News Published an article titled, "UNICEF cuts off funding to nonprofit linked to alleged cult."
For more information: Reveal News
Charity Navigator, as an impartial evaluator of publicly reported financial, accountability/transparency and results reporting information, takes no position on allegations made or issues raised by third parties, nor does Charity Navigator seek to confirm or verify the accuracy of allegations made or the merits of issues raised by third parties that may be referred to in the CN Watchlist. However, given that our primary obligation is to donors, Charity Navigator has determined that the nature of this/these issue(s) warrants highlighting the information available so that donors are aware of the issues in question which may be relevant to their decision whether to contribute to this organization. (See How we decide to add a charity to the CN Watchlist).